Anyway, it's all about that bronzy glow where it looks as if you just came from a long holiday, in which you've laid long days on the beach in the sun, having lots of fun.
I already applied my foundation and concealer before I started these steps. For those who wonder about my basic make-up routine, I'll share it soon.
1. I'm starting by using an eyeshadow as a base that will make sure that the next colours we're going to apply will stand out more. Therefore, I'm using Estée Lauder Derek Lam YN2X which has a perfect gold shade. I make sure to apply this all over the lid until the crease.
2. Then I'm using Chanel's Illusion D'Ombre in Mirage 95, which has a perfect bronzy colour, and put this on the outer corners of my eyes, which will make the eyes look bigger. In this step it is key to perfect the outer corner. Imagine you are making a sideways "V".
3. To intensify the gold shade I'm applying 'half baked' from the Urban Decay Naked Palette on the middle part of the lid. You can really see how it intensified the gold eyeshadow base we applied first in step 1.
4. Then to bring some highlight to my eyes I'm using Anastasia's brow duality, which has a matte side and a shiny side. I'm using the matte side, since all other shadows have enough glitter. I put this along my brow bone and inner corners of my eyes.
5. Now it's time for lots of mascara using my favourite L'Oréal Telescopic. You can choose to put an eye-liner first (if you do so I recommend a brown eye-liner), but this time I wanted my eyes to look wide open in order to see the gold eyeshadow better.
6. What better way to achieve a bronzy look with a powder bronzer right? If you want a real glow on your face just like your eyes, I recommend using a glittery bronzer such as the Too Faced 'Sun Bunny'. I personally prefer to opt for a matte bronzer. By now you guys all probably know that my favourite matte bronzer, which I use on a day-to-day basis as well, is the 'Bahama Mama' by The Balm. Apply this on the parts of your face where the sun would naturally hit your face such as your: cheekbones, forehead, chin, and a little bit on the nose to give that all over bronzy look.
7. Time for the Lips. I'm using a lipstick by Mac called 'Faux', which is a beautiful nude colour with a cold undertone. I've picked this up a few weeks back and I've been wearing it all the time. Although I normally like matte lips, for this look a shiny finish is definitely required. So on top of the lipstick I applied Estée Lauder Derek Lam The gloss, which contains gold sparkles.
8. And for the last step I'm applying my favourite powder highlighter by The balm called 'Mary-Lou Manizer' on the highest points of my cheekbones.
9. Et Voilà! :)
So when you're done with the make-up you have take of all your dainty and delicate jewellery pieces and opt for the right statement accessories instead. I was doubting between a statement necklace or statement earrings but as you can see I choose the latter one. So you can see it's all about the right finishing touch. What do you think? :)